Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We're Still Here....

Sorry I haven't been to blogland in a while.  I haven't written a post and I haven't been reading everyone else's either.  I need to get my rear-in-gear!  Life has been busy.  Good busy.....

Except for all the lows Matthew has been having.  It's been nuts!  Today was the first time he hasn't been low at lunch in a week!  Instead, a beautiful 102 greeted us on the PDM.  Much better than all the 40s and 50s he's had recently.

The "surprise" is coming up.  Yay!  We've managed to keep it a secret. I can't wait to surprise him!!  I'll post pictures when we get back.

Matthew's d-day anniversay is Saturday.  I'm getting a little emotional about it as it gets closer.....I didn't think that would happen.

I think our life has just changed so much in the past year....but God is good.  He's carried us through.

In our bible study this year, we're studying Isaiah.  One particular verse popped out at me this week.  I think it's perfect since God has carried us through this past year: 

Isaiah 46:4 
Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

He really did.

Oh!  One last thing. Pam, over at Wicked Sweet, wrote a sweet letter to her daughter last summer.  She inspired me to write a similar letter to Matthew.  It was beautiful.  (I even stole some lines....hoping Pam understands that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!) 

Anyway, I will give it to him on Saturday.  I'll post it here, too.  : )

9 comments:

Our Diabetic Warrior said...

I absolutely love when I come across a verse exactly when I need it. God is always working behind the scenes!!!!

Heidi =) said...

Love those verses, love you too! I'm so excited for your surprise. One of these years we should celebrate together. Happy dia-versary to s brave boy and his brave mama! ((hugs))

Unknown said...

Good to hear from you friend! xoxo

Amanda said...

I can't wait to hear how Matthew likes his surprise!
I have been MIA in blog land too...not enough hours in the day!
Good luck on March 5! That was an emotional day for me too. But it felt really good to put it behind me. Hope it's the same way for you!

Meri said...

So nice to see you again! Thank you for the verse, it is beautiful! Hooray for surprises!!

Lora said...

Can't wait to see the letter and hear about the "surprise". Lots of pics plz :)

Lisa said...

Have a great time at Great Wolf!!! You will be bringing home one exhausted little guy!

NikDuck said...

You must be in BSF! I am as well...what a great verse. I am working on a blog post as well about a different Isaiah verse.

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Enjoy the surprise! :)