Tuesday, January 25, 2011

FINALLY Some Victory!

I have all of 2 minutes to post, but I wanted to say YAY! We are finally getting some victories in the world of diabetes.

Monday night bible study has always sent Matthew's BG through the roof. But last night, we rocked! (Well, he did go low afterwards, but hey, I can make some minor adjustments. We're in the ballpark!)

School is another big issue for us. It has always sent Matthew's BG skyrocketing. It's been a nightmare actually. Last week's check-in between 1st and 2nd period: 285. This week: 185! And he was down to 87 by lunchtime. Can you say VICTORY?!

And how did I do it, people? I prayed and prayed. And then I prayed some more. I finally stopped and told God I really needed some help.

And God came through. (He is so faithful!)

He gave me an idea about giving a second bolus after breakfast or lunch (depending on the case above) and I'm extending that for 3 hours.

It's working like a charm.

FINALLY!

4 comments:

Amy said...

He is faithful . . . all the time. I always say He is so much better at it than I am! ;)

Glad to hear a victory post. Hoorah!

LaLa said...

Success!! Sweet success!!

Our Diabetic Warrior said...

Praise the Lord! When we hand the reigns over to Him, everything falls in place.

I have a newly diagnosed type 1/celiac 8 year old son. God is definitely teaching me lessons along the way.

Meri said...

Sometimes we just need to ask for help. That has been my biggest lesson the past couple years. If we ask Him, He will come through! I'm so glad you can plant your flag in the dirt and declare victory on this battle!!