Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How to Store Celery

Today kicks off what I'm calling the "Tip of the Day."  Each Tuesday I'll share some helpful tips that I've learned over the years.

Sometimes it will be diabetes-related.  Sometimes not.

Today?  No diabetes talk.

Instead, let's head to the kitchen and talk about food storage.

Do you know the best way to store celery?

Take the unwashed celery, wrap it in aluminum foil, and keep it in the fridge.

COMPLETELY surround the celery with the foil so that NO celery is exposed.

It will last for a LONG time!

And you probably know that wilted celery can spring back to life quickly. Just cut off the ends and stand it up in a glass of water.

Now go make a salad for dinner!

Related posts
How to Chop Onions without Tears

4 comments:

NikDuck said...

Hmm...never knew this about celery! I've wasted so much celery by throwing it away! Celery with peanut butter used to be one of my favorite afternoon snacks....I need to start that again.

Kelly said...

Great tip...thanks! Will be looking forward to your Tip of the Day from now on.

Joanne said...

To think of all the celery I have tossed because it is all wilted! Thanks for the tips!

Susie said...

I did not know this! :)
Thanks and great idea about tip of the day.. love it!

Our church was thinking about starting a Moms Newsletter with Mom Tips. I jokingly said I could write the 'what not to do tips' - ha ha. Maybe I'll partner with you with the 'Not to do' side!