Friday, October 14, 2011

Random Thoughts

Blogging?  What's that? 

Sorry I've been MIA....we spent fall break visiting Kevin's parents in Southern California.  Lots of fun, despite daytime lows (all the activity) and nighttime highs (crazy food at night.)

Because of the busy days and overnight checks, I was exhausted!  And......I finally slept through an alarm.  Knew it would happen sometime.  Fortunately, God was on-call and took care of everything!

Matthew had been 82 when we went to bed.  That's way too low after 2 super-active days.  I set a temporary basal and planned to check in  hour.  I ignored the alarm and woke up in a panic about 2.5 hours later! 

Thankfully, he was over 100.  But talk about stress....God is good though!

Matthew has a new line when kids ask about his pod.  He used to say "It's my battery pack."  The other day, my friend overheard him say "It's my soap dispenser." 

Pretty funny, huh?

Tonight is the second bookclub meeting.  Yes, I did have to read "Doctor Proctor's Fart Powder." 

And believe it or not, Matthew was true to his word---it really was a pretty good book.  It'll be fun to discuss tonight.

5 comments:

Hallie Addington said...

So glad you had a fun trip- even if it w as stressful. I love hissed answers! Too cute! I'll have to tell Sweets!

Misty said...

I would like a full report on Doctor Proctor's Fart Powder, please! Lol!

And the soap dispenser is funny!!

Kelly said...

Missed reading your posts but glad you were able to get away and enjoy some time with your family despite "D" misbehaving! Soap dispenser is pretty funny!

Penny said...

Too funny! Grace tells people she had her iPod implanted into her. Usually their jaws drop.
Glad you had a fun trip!

Heidi / D-Tales said...

His soap dispenser?! That's hilarious! I truly laughed out loud when I read that. :)

Doctor Proctor's Fart Powder is on our library list. :)