Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tis the Season to Tweak Basals....

Yes folks, I'm attempting to work on basals the CrAzY week of Christmas.

(Clearly I've lost my mind!)

Actually, I only made one more change yesterday, and based on his numbers last night, I think it worked.  Of course, it is diabetes and you just never know!  Here's hoping....

Either way, the fact is that Matthew is doing some serious growing.  I just changed his morning ratio to 1-8.  Oh my word!  One unit of insulin for every 8 carbs!  He's never had a ratio that low, but he needs what he needs. 

Can't imagine what it will be like when full puperty hits.  Wow!

Off to teach my last 3 piano students and then Christmas break begins for me.  Woo Hoo!

Here's wishing you good BG through the holiday!  : )

5 comments:

Misty said...

Glad your tweaking is going well...I so feel you with the puberty statement..LOL Isaac takes more insulin with breakfast also...

Unknown said...

A growing boy needs what a growing boy needs!!!!!!

I wish I could come listen to you play Christmas carols for an evening. I would love that...might even sing along ;)

Denise aka Mom of Bean said...

Wow, that's a crazy ratio! But, if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes!!
I need to get on some basal changes myself...thanks for the reminder!!
:)

Our Diabetic Warrior said...

You're such a GREAT D-mamma! I told my kids that they were not allowed to grow past 5 years old, but they never listened to me.LOL They just sprout like weeds!

Now I REALLY wish we lived closer. You could have been my kids piano teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

1-8? that's nothing! For a while I was on 1-6 in the mornings!

Hope you figure things out, its always nice hen your basals are working=) I'm working on mine this week too, at least this week I can sleep in if were up all night!