Friday, July 16, 2010

No Luck Yet....

Matthew's BS rose again last night. Same time....same thing....same frustration. I feel very defeated right now.

But I will try to be patient, tweek the amount of Lantus I give in the morning verses evening. (Although I will not do that tonight. Matthew is going to a pool party today and I'm not about to change anything with all that activity.)

I did make a decision this morning. I'll give this a couple weeks and if it doesn't work, I'm going to go back to one Lantus shot at night and simply correct him. We just can't have him staying high every single night. All the longterm complications are so frightening.

At that point, we'll just have to do whatever it takes to get him on a pump.

I will end on a happy note: My eye infection is all cleared up and I put new contacts in today! Woo Hoo! I HATE wearing my glasses when it is this hot and humid. They make me feel WAY too sweaty!

4 comments:

Meri said...

You are wise to give it some time. Still hoping it all works out for you soon!

phonelady said...

hey good news on the eye infection front sorry about the matthew front . Yep here we go with the fight for the pump (I hope it is not a fight for you ) . I hope it all goes smoothly . take care and I hope you have a good night .

Amanda said...

Sorry about the frustration! I hope you guys will be able to get on a pump soon. I think they are dreamy!

Reyna said...

xoxo