- I wanted Matthew to have a great time at camp! He has LOVED it!
- I wanted his blood sugar to stay in range. As of today, his BS has been great. He only had 1 low at camp and no highs. (Overnights have been tricky. All the added exercise has made him drop significantly at night. But I adjusted his insulin, checked about every 2 hours and did juice. It all worked out.)
- I was hoping Matthew would meet a good buddy with he same values. He's actually met several kids and that he'll love seeing again next year.
- You know I wanted Matthew to get brave enough to give himself a shot. At the time of writing this, he's done THREE shots! I told him we should set a summer goal. Maybe he could give himself 1 shot a day, or 1 every other day. He chose doing 1 shot every day. W.O.W.
- Finally....I was hoping he would be inspired by his CIT (counselor-in-training). Matthew says when he's a teenager he wants to be a CIT and then be a counselor one day! Awesome!
God answered every prayer better than I could have dreamed! He also gave me such peace. I never worried about his safety at all. That has been such a blessing.