10. I learned that if you drop to your knees and ask God to rescue you, He will!
9. Matthew had his lowest low: 29. And that was after a juice box.
8. Despite that scary low, I had a big realization that highs bother me more than lows. I can give Matthew a juice box and get him back in range pretty quick. But highs are another story. Highs have the power to make me depressed.
7. Right after that realization, Meri wrote a post that CHANGED MY LIFE. After battling depression for 3 months....mostly because of high blood sugar.....I realized that highs are just information. That's it. It doesn't matter how high that number is, it simply tells me what to do next. I knew this in my head, but had never really grasped it. I would always beat myself up for letting him go high, when really....his needs were changing and there was no way to know that in advance! That was a big, giant life-changing moment for me. (Thanks Meri! Bet you didn't know how much God would use that blogging moment!)
6. Matthew won the 4th grade spelling bee!
5. I joined a gym! (Thank you Mom and Dad!)
4. A big thanks to Kevin as well.....for helping me find the time to actually go to the gym. With Matthew's school schedule, I really don't get a "break" from diabetes. Ever. Getting away for an hour or so has been truly amazing.
3. I taught myself to knit a scarf. Then started on a crochet project!
2. We decided to get a pump! My first choice was the Ping, but it drove Matthew insane. Within a couple hours of wearing the trial, I bet I heard "Can I disconnect?" 50 times! No joke. We tried the Omnipod sample and he completely forgot about it. Literally. What a huge blessing. We hope to get started during Christmas break. Matthew is so excited!
1. The number one thing that has happened during my blogging break? I realize how much I miss my blogging friends!!!!! I've kept up with you, but I miss your sweet comments. Aren't I selfish? : )
yay you are back! Welcome back my sweet friend!
I've missed you too, glad you're back. Hopefully we can get the families together one of these days!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! Welcome "HOME" Tracy... Welcome "HOME". We have missed you too. So many new gals and of course many of us "old" gals...haha.
Love to you and I am with you...lows...I prefer over highs (weeks of highs...they, too, have the ability to make me depressed...still...4 years into this. Love. Love.
Welcome back.. Ive been on a break too and hope to be back soon to regular blogging!!
So glad to hear from you again! We all missed you too!
I am so happy to see you back here! I have been wondering how you are doing. Hooray about the pump - I am excited to hear more!
What an amazing list! Congrats on pumping, good luck, and let me know if we can help in any way!
Way to go on the spelling bee!
Welcome Back...it's just like old friends who can pick up right where they left off :)
I love that you're going to the gym! Congrats!
Post a Comment