Sunday, July 25, 2010

An Idea for D-Moms!

UPDATE: Several moms have signed up! Yea! I'll let others sign up this week and then I'll send out the info to everyone participating! So....if you haven't signed up, there is still time! : )

This morning during my quiet time, God gave me a great idea: Prayer Partners for D-Moms.

If you want to participate, you will be given the name of another D-Mom. The only requirement is that you agree to pray for your fellow D-Mom and her children daily throughout the upcoming school year.

Wouldn't it be encouraging to know that someone who "gets it" is committed to praying for you and your family? So many of us are already concerned about the upcoming school year, I think this would be a great way to start school on a positive note!

If you would like to participate, send me a comment with the following information. I will NOT publish these comments.

  • Your name
  • Your children's names (if you would like to share them)
  • Make sure you let me know which child is diabetic
  • Any specific prayer requests that you may have
  • Your e-mail address----IF you would like this to be shared with your partner. (That way you could share specific prayer requests if you would like.) This is not a requirement to join the group! : )

Each week, I will post a "topic idea" with scripture references for your prayer time. Things like.....adjusting to school, wisdom for BS, keeping a joyful attitude, spouses, finances.....whatever. You wouldn't have to use those ideas.....it's just a thought.

Finally, as most of you know, I'm really new to blogging, so I don't know many D-Moms. If you know anyone who might want to participate....please pass this on!!

Psalms 145:18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

No comments: