Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Steroid Follow-Up

This past Sunday marked two weeks since Matthew finished the steroid. The poison ivy is gone (a huge blessing!) and as of yesterday, he is back to his pre-steroid ratios.

Basically that means that he's using much less insulin. And, truthfully, it really doesn't matter how much insulin he uses, but it's really nice to get back into a steady pattern.

Until the next growth spurt, that is! : )

FYI....today is Matthew's last day of school. Woo Hoo! We are both excited. Today is also field day. I plan to take lots of carbs in case he goes low.

I'll take video, too!

4 comments:

Meri said...

What a relief to be off steriods! I know what an insulin raiser thay are! I'm so jealous this is your last day for school...we still have almost 3 weeks, and they are trying to jam a million field trips and parties into that time. I wish I could push fast forward!

connie said...

WOO HOO for summer, no steroids and back to some steady patterns!!!

Enjoy the last field trip of the year :)

Joanne said...

Ugh, I've heard steroids are horrible! Glad to hear he's off of them and things are getting back to "normal".

And yes, growth spurts are a pain, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that little "adventure" is behind you.