Thursday, May 6, 2010

What I've Learned.....so far.....

I've been Matthew's pancreas for just over 2 months and here are the top 2 things I've learned.

1. There is a God.

It amazes me how God made the parts of our body work together so beautifully. I'm trying to be Matthew's pancreas and it is completely overwhelming. God made our heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, and yes, pancreas....to all work automatically and independently.

We don't have to think about how to breathe. Or how to make our heart beat. Our bodies are amazing and they are proof that there is a God.

And don't forget, that same God has provided insulin to give Matthew, so we get to keep him! Amazing! (When we were in the hospital, the doctor said without insulin, Matthew would die this year.)

If you are struggling with your faith, I challenge you to come be Matthew's pancreas for one week. I dare you! It will be life changing.

2. Sleep is a beautiful thing. I miss it.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Nice to "meet" you! A bunch of us are on FB also, so if you have an account, look me up. :) (Tracy Ripley, AZ)

There definitely is a God! Everything happens for a reason, even the crappy diagnosis of T1 Diabetes. My son Zane has had it for almost 2 years and I have seen many things that show me it was meant to be.

Sleep is a glorious thing. I apprecaite sleep so much more now! Naps are a golden opportunity.

I look forward to reading your blog!