Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Visitors!

The good news is that my parents are coming to visit on Friday! Yea!

The bad news is MY HOUSE IS DIRTY! Well, not anymore. I cleaned like crazy today!

And Matthew was such a good help. He vacuumed the stairs, cleaned the gameroom, emptied all the bathroom trashcans. I even had him wash a load of clothes! That kid can seriously help when he wants to! (AND it's his first day of Spring Break! Is he nice or what?)

I know you're wondering what I was doing if Matthew was doing all that. Trust me, I was cleaning other stuff. My house has been neglected BIG TIME!

Not that my parents care about a clean house. (They only want to see Matthew!) But I like a clean house. I'm so much happier when things are straight and I was really good about it.....until diabetes walked into our life.

I don't think I've cleaned a thing in 3 months. And I'm not kidding. It's been information overload, trying to learn how to manage Matthew's diabetes.

But now, thankfully, the house is mostly clean and I'm hoping I can keep it that way. My plan is to get back into my flylady routines. When I did flylady, my house was always pretty clean with very little effort. : )

Slowly but surely, I'm getting my life back together. Althought I haven't been on the treadmill this week! Hmmmmm.....does cleaning like mad count as exercise?!

3 comments:

connie said...

Hmmmm, let me think...YES...cleaning is exercise!!! Especially if you spent most of the day doing it :) I would say you can take a pass this week on the treadmill.

Enjoy your visit with the parents this week :)

Lisa said...

Don't do it all! Moms love to "help" you with something. And yes cleaning does count as exercise, in fact it counts X2!

Anonymous said...

"Pretty clean with little effort"? Checking out flylady now!